Cat Dandruff: Does your Cat have Dandruff? As in humans, our pets may suffer from the same diseases as, in addition to some disorders in your scalp, such as dandruff.
If your cat has dandruff, do not hesitate to read the following article. Then we will talk about the causes, how to combat it and especially the way to avoid it.
Causes of Dandruff in Cats:
If you notice that your cat scratches more than the bill, it would be convenient to observe if it has white spots on its skin. Although it is easier to distinguish it in cats with black hair, you should pay special attention to cats with lighter hair.
Before eliminating dandruff in cats, it is very important to know the cause that causes it:
If your cat does not drink enough liquid, or through water or food, it is very likely that the skin will dry out and later to peeling will occur.
This dryness can also be produced by a diet low in fat, in this case we refer to good fats, such as those that provide omega 3 fatty acids. So it would be advisable to give a supplement to our cat so that this lack does not occur.
Although it seems strange, one of the causes of our cat having dandruff is because of overweight. If your pet is obese, you should look at the area at the base of the tail and the lower part of the spine. Surely you will wonder why you should observe these parts. It is very simple, since being chubby can not clean those areas well.
If this is the case, it would be advisable to put your cat on a diet, but the fastest way to deal with the problem is to help him clean the areas where he does not arrive. You can do it with a damp cloth or with a towel.
There are some limits called cheiletiela or Cheyletiella that are commonly known as “walking dandruff”. In this case, you must be careful, as it is contagious. That is why we recommend that you take your cat to the vet to provide some shampoo, spray or lotion to eliminate these limits.
If the motive of the dandruff of your cat is limited, it is recommended to clean all your things like your bed, combs or toys, to avoid getting infected.
How to Remove Cat Dandruff with Home Remedies:
- First of all, you should avoid bathing your cat, let alone use anti-dandruff shampoo for people. It is better to brush it to remove dead skin.
- Your cat should always be well hydrated, so you have to ensure that you never miss fresh and clean water every day. In this way, you will prevent the skin of your little cat from getting dehydrated and annoying dandruff appears.
- Include tuna in your cat’s diet, you can put a spoonful of it in your feed every day, this way you will provide more fat to your pet’s skin.
- If the cause of dandruff in your cat is obesity, do not hesitate to take it to the veterinarian and put a specific diet for him, changing his diet. In addition to removing dandruff from your hair, you will enjoy better health.
It’s Better to Prevent:
As the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”. That is why we are going to give you some advice so that dreaded dandruff does not appear in your pet’s hair. Remember that your pet’s health is in your hands, so you should dedicate to daily time to your cat’s attention.
• Brush your pet every day. This way, you will eliminate the loose hair of your cat and the dead skin cells, since with the passage of time they could be the cause of the appearance of dandruff in your hair.
• Make sure your cat has a healthy life, with an adequate diet in omega 3. Try to exercise daily. We recommend that you play with your cat; In this way, in addition to exercising, your bond will be strengthened and you will be a happy cat.
• You can also help in feeding your cat with essential fatty acid supplements, which help normalize cell function.