How Old is My Cat in Cat Years: Calculate the age your cat would have if it were a person with these explanations and with the table of equivalences human age vs age of the cat.
If you have a cat, surely you have considered how old you are, and it is not worth applying what is said of the dogs of 1 year of them is 7 of our years. Check the table to find out exactly how old your cat is.
Read Also: How long do cats live?
How Old is My Cat in Cat Years? How do I Calculate My Cat’s Age:
The table above is an approximate calculation of how many years a cat would be if it were human.
One of the important issues to keep in mind are the life stages of the kittens. During the first two years, cats become adults, so their first two years would be like our 24 years.
From there, the most common equivalence is to think that each year of the cat equals 4 human years.
What is the Life Expectancy of Cats?
As with people, over the years and advances in medicine, cats have almost doubled their life expectancy.
Now, each cat is different, and your health, care, and nutrition will be essential to determine the years you will live.
Another important factor is whether it is a domestic cat or a cat that lives on the street. The more exposed you are to the dangers of the street, the less life expectancy you will have.
In general, a stray cat can live for 2-3 years without castrating, and about 5-6 if it is neutered. But their conditions and health will be fundamental to their life expectancy.
In the case of domestic cats, the average life is 15 to 21 years.
Stages of life of Cats:
In recent years, and taking into account this increase in feline life expectancy, the stages of life have been redefined.
You May Also Know: How Long are Cats Pregnant?
As indicated in the table of equivalences, the stages would be:
• Baby kitten: From birth to 6 months. A kitten from 0 to 1 month equals a human baby from 0 to 1 year, from 2 to 3 months to a child from 2 to 4 years, from 4 months equals a child from 6 to 8 years and the kitten from 6 months to a 10 year old boy.
• Adolescent cat – young: A 7-month cat is equivalent to a 12-year-old boy, a 1-year-old cat to a 15-year-old human, 18 months to a human of 21 and a 2-year-old cat to a 24-year-old human. Here he would finish his first vital stage in which the growth is more accelerated.
• Young cat – mature: At 3 years, the cat is as if it were 28 years old human, a cat of 4 years is equivalent to a person of 32, one of 5 years to a person of 36 and a cat of 6 years equals 40 Human years
• Adult Cat: At 7 you can consider that a cat is an adult and would be about 44 human years, at 88 to 48, at 9 years the cat is as if it were 52 human years, and at 10 equals 56 years.
• Elderly Cat: with 11 years the cat is as if it had about 60 human years, with 12 equals 64, with 13 years equivalent to 68 human years and with 14 to 72.
• Elderly Cat: from the age of 15, the cat can be considered as an old man of 76 years of age, with 16 of 80 and so on (adding 4 human years per year feline).
Know the human years your Cat has
As you can see, passing the cat years to humans is not complicated, but for those who do not like to do mathematical operations or do not feel like thinking too much, you can consult the following conversion table to know the approximate age of your cat in years. humans:
Cattle age Human Age:
Pingback: Can Cats See in The Dark
0 – 1 month 0 – 1 year
2 – 3 months 2-4 years
4 months 6 – 8 years
6 months 10 years
8 months 15 years
1 year 18 years
2 years 24 years
4 years 32 years
6 years 40 years
8 years 48 years
10 years 56 years
12 years 64 years old
14 years 72 years old
16 years 80 years
18 years 88 years old
20 years 96 years old
22 years 104 years
Have you already calculated the human age of your cat? Surely you have been curious. Have you been surprised by the result?